A list of upcoming rallies and grassroots resources curated by KRCL’s RadioACTive team
- Who is running for Mayor: A Q&A with Stan Penfold, 7:00 p.m. Impact Hub Salt Lake, 150 S. Sate St. #1 SLC, Get to know who is running for mayor of Salt Lake City at a Q&A Town Hall series with a different candidate every Thursday. Hosted by the Impact Hub as part of our "Impact Politics" series. Doors open at 7. Q&A starts at 7:30. Free to the public. To be aired on KRCL RadioActive at a later date.
- Bikes, Bites, N' Beverages, 4:00 p.m. Salt Lake City, Utah, Take a relaxing break on your bike home from work. Stop by our main event locations at the Gallivan Center and Heart of the Park at Research Park for food trucks and biking fun. Are those locations not on your way home? Check out the other sponsored pit stops.
- Leadership & Organizational Culture Credential, 9:00 a.m. Utah Nonprofits Association, 4900 S Highland Dr, STE B, UNA's Nonprofit Organizational Credential in Leadership and Organizational Culture is designed to help turn good managers into great leaders and assist your organization in aligning your strategies to accomplish your mission.
- Affordable Housing and Salt Lake Families, 6:30 p.m. Circles Salt Lake at The Friendly Neighborhood Senior Center 1992 South 200 East Salt Lake City, Calling all Landlords, Property Managers, Legislators, Community Leaders, Service Organizations and anyone interested in learning more about the barriers faced by those in poverty. Circles Salt Lake's participants are dedicated to reducing poverty by 10% over the next 10 years. To accomplish this hefty goal they have organized a Big View Committee that has identified Access to Affordable Housing as the biggest barrier to escaping poverty.
- Lunch and Learn -QPR Training, 11:30 p.m. Utah Pride Center, 1380 S Mian Street, SLC, The QPR mission is to reduce suicidal behaviors and save lives by providing innovative, practical and proven suicide prevention training. The signs of crisis are all around us. We believe that quality education empowers all people, regardless of their background, to make a positive difference in the life of someone they know. Join SAGE Utah for this beneficial training during our Lunch and Learn series in May.
- Dance with Pride! Benefit show for the Utah Pride Center, 6:00 p.m. GOOD Grammar, 69 E Gallivan Ave, Salt Lake City, EDM & Electronic Music benefit show for the Utah Pride Center! *Raffle to win prizes from local businesses! *Cover Charge & portion of Drink Specials will ALL be donated to the Utah Pride Center
- Local Talks, 6:00 p.m. Marmalade Branch, Salt Lake City Public Library, 280 W 500 N, Salt Lake City, From established local legends, to the newest indies to open their doors, Local Talks showcases the grit, determination and ingenuity of Salt Lake City’s entrepreneurs.
May 24 to May 27:
Friday, May 24:
- Global Climate Strike For Future - SLC, 8:00 a.m. Utah State Capitol, 350 N State St, Salt Lake City, More than 1,6 million young people in 2069 cites of 125 countries across world. What a great Strike ! Congrats to everyone...
Now think about our impact if we could mobilize not only schools but all sectors of the economy ?
- Art on Main, Historic Downtown Brigham City, 95 S Main Street, Brigham City, An organic and local infusion of art in an authentic small town: Academy Center Fine Art Show & Sale, Cooley Memorial Photography Show, Chalk Art Contest, Benson Sisters Live Concert, Food Trucks, and the annual Memorial Day Sidewalk Sale. Historic Downtown Brigham City watch for additional details as our awesome Main Street merchants put their activities together.
- Murray Park Clean Up & BBQ, 12:30 p.m. 296 E Murray Park Ln, Murray, community members will be cleaning the park and having a BBQ w/ hot dogs and drinks. Please bring sides and other meat if you would like. Family & friends are welcome to join.
- Star Party! 8:00 p.m. Wheeler Historic Farm, 6351 South 900 East, Salt Lake City, Come look at stars with us! SLAS (Salt Lake Astronomical Society) and the SPOC (Stansbury Park Observatory Complex). Come a little earlier if you have a telescope you want to set up or come early to socialize and meet new friends.
- Registro para Estampillas de Comida (SNAP) con cita, 12:00 p.m. Durante todo Mayo estamos haciendo registros para que las familias puedan aplicar para tener Estampillas de Comida o Food Stamps ( SNAP).
Te invitamos a llamar al 801 4874143 y haz tu cita hoy! Esto es un servicio sin costo. Queremos que las familias latinx de Utah tengan acceso a alimentación de calidad.
Saturday, May 25:
- Queer Spectra Arts Festival, 1:00 p.m. Commonwealth Studios, 150 W. Commonwealth Ave, Salt Lake City, Queer Spectra Arts Festival is a new event in Salt Lake City dedicated to showcasing art from multiple LGBTQIA+ perspectives. We aim to present a diverse array of voices, backgrounds, experiences, cultures, mediums, and artistic disciplines in order to celebrate queer artistic expressions. Our goal is to challenge and contribute to contemporary understanding of queer discourse while promoting a nuanced conversation between artists and audiences about queer identity and art.
- Utah Pride Center Donation Ride, 11:00 a.m. Rebel-House, 320 w 200 s, Salt Lake City, Jerry Nguyen from Rebel House will be guiding riders through a 45-50 min. indoor cycling class to the beat of music.
- Utah Firefly Season, 9:00 p.m. Natural History Museum of Utah, 301 S Wakara Way, Salt Lake City, Did you know there are fireflies in Utah and other western states? We need your help with an ongoing effort to document firefly activity throughout the region. This is not an official event, per se, but a call to action across Utah and the West.
- Rose Park Family B.B.Q 2019, 12:00 p.m. 739 N 1400 W, Salt Lake City, Rose Park Family Commettee presents our neighborhood's annual Rose Park Family BBQ 2019 for Memorial Day weekend to gather as a family and celebrate the lives of our loved ones who have passed in good company. Bring your grill and let’s Q it up! A lot of good things happening and we are excited for this event to come together and speak on it. Hope to see you all there!
- Dinosaur Day, 11:00 a.m. Discovery Gateway Children's Museum, 444 W 100 S, Salt Lake City, Therapoda, Sauropoda, Stegosauria…oh my! Stomp into Discovery Gateway to kick off International Dinosaur Day and learn more about the seven dinosaur families and classify them just like scientists do. Learn about Stegosaurus plates, Velociraptor feathers and a variety of fun activities for little paleontologists.
- Bike Swap SLC - National Bike Month, 10:00 a.m. Level Nine Sports, 660 S 400 W, Salt Lake City, To celebrate National Bike Month, Level Nine Sports is hosting 4 bike swaps every weekend for 4 weeks! The fourth swap will be held at Level Nine Sports in Downtown Salt Lake City. Not only are we accepting bikes and bike accessories for the swap, but you can bring ANY SUMMER GEAR you want to sell. Camping, climbing, river sports and hiking gear. Bring your gear in by Friday May 24th BEFORE THE SWAP to have it included in the swap.
Sunday, May 26:
- SAGE Pride Days Brunch, 11:00 a.m. Utah Pride Center, 1380 S Main Street, SLC, Join SAGE Utah for "Pride Days" SAGE Brunch. We will serve lite brunch fare and mimosas as well as non-alcoholic beverages. This brunch is made possible by the support of Boston Scientific.
- Missing & Murdered Indigenous Women+ Committee, 3:00 p.m. 423 W 800 S, STE A103, Salt Lake City, PANDOS's Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women committee seeks to monitor, research, and organize on the issue of Missing and Murdered Indigenous women in the Intermountain West and South West regions. This committee will continue to grow and evolve as we gain visibility and momentum. While this issue primarily impacts indigenous women, it is our responsibility as compassionate neighbors, friends and family members of all races, genders, religions, sexual orientations, and ethnicities to address. All are welcome.
Monday, May 27:
Tuesday, May 28:
- Before Stonewall – SLC Free Screening, 7:00 p.m. Salt Lake City Public Library, 210 E 400 S, Salt Lake City, Revealing and humorous, this film traces the history of oppression that led to the Stonewall Riots.
- Sensory Inclusive Afternoon, 4:00 p.m. Discovery Gateway Children's Museum, 444 W 100 S, Salt Lake City, All children and families are invited to this sensory-inclusive afternoon of play! From 4 – 6 pm, The museum will turn the lights down, reduce noise in the museum, and offer special sensory friendly programming. Sensory bags equipped with noise-canceling headphones, fidget tools, and verbal cue cards are available for checkout at the Admissions Desk. A limited number of weighted lap pads are also available upon request.
Thursday, May 30:
Friday, May 31:
- Youth Pride 2019, 8:00 p.m. Utah Pride Festival, 451 S State St, Salt Lake City, An unforgettable evening of performances! We'll have a number of youth performers doing everything from drag to poetry! This is for youth ages 14-20. Please bring a government issued ID, a school ID, or we will ask for your birthday!
Sat-Sun June 1-2:
- Utah Pride Festival 2019, Washington Square Park, The Utah Pride Festival is a community event which features a broad spectrum of activities and entertainment. The 44th Utah Pride Festival will be held June 1st & 2nd, 2019 at Washington Square in downtown Salt Lake City. Pride 2019 is excited to offer additional celebratory events, diverse food and booth vendors, venue upgrades and excellent entertainment options! The Utah Pride Festival is a Program of the Utah Pride Center.
Saturday, June 1:
- Utah Pride Days - OUTdoors and Proud 5k, 9:00 a.m. Jordan Park, 1060 S 900 W. Salt Lake City, Join Utah Pride for our 3rd Annual OUTdoors and Proud Health Day in Jordan Park. In addition to the annual 5k, this Saturday morning event will include yoga and a sound bath in the Peace Gardens, a hip hop dance class, a Crossfit workout, a bicycle obstacle course for kids, stick horse barrel racing and more! Stay tuned to this event page for details on all activities.
- Utah Pride Days - March & Rally, 12:00 p.m. Utah State Capitol, 350 N State St, Salt Lake City, Honoring the traditions of peaceful protest, visibility, and activism on which the Pride movement was founded, we will gather once again to exercise our right to free speech and to practice patriotism in the form of dissent. With strong commitment to social justice and in solidarity with those whose voices are often silenced, we will march for love, for social justice, for all. If you would like to speak at the Rally, please contact Jocelyn Johnson email@example.com
Big Fat Gay Family Picnic, 1:00 p.m. Liberty Park, Meet at the Northeast corner of Liberty Park. Bring all your friends and a picnic lunch and let's celebrate Pride weekend together. Super kid friendly, let's see all those babies! We'll have a bunch of outside games to play, but feel free to bring your own! Don't forget a blanket or chairs to sit on. Hope to see you there!
Sunday, June 2:
- Utah Pride Parade 2019, Exist. Resist. Persist. Celebrating 50 Years of Stonewall, 10:00 a.m. The Utah Pride Parade is an annual event of the Utah Pride Center whose mission is to unite, empower and celebrate Utah’s diverse LGBTQ+ community by providing a safe and welcoming space for education, partnerships, services and events which advance our collective health, wellness, and success.
Thursday, June 6:
Thursday, June 20:
Thursday, June 27:
Civic Engagement Resources: