Canning, Preservation and Live Music from The Dead Girls Club
Tonight's show was hosted by Lara Jones and Al Grossi:
On the RadioActive Report (begins at 06:02):
Arts and culture events, with KRCL's Haley Wightman:
- Salt Lake City Gallery Stroll is happening tonight from 6 p.m.-9 p.m. Some great shows going on around town include: My Illegal Body by Ella Mendoza at the Sorenson Unity Center (1383 S 900 West, SLC); Alza La Voz Con El Puño En Alto by Jorge Arellano at Mestizo Institute of Culture and Arts (631 N. Temple #700, SLC); Where is My Mind? at the Urban Arts Gallery (137 S. Rio Grande St., SLC).
- Alt Press Fest is happening at the Salt Lake City Main Library (210 E. 400 South, SLC) tonight at 7 p.m. and tomorrow 12-4 p.m. Tonight there is a panel discussion about the creation of independent media and tomorrow there will be printing and bookbinding demonstrations and local artists will display their work.
- Peery’s Egyptian Theater (2415 Washington Blvd., Ogden) shows He Named Me Malala, Wed., July 20 at 7 p.m.
- Music in the Mountains presents classical music concerts outside of Powder Mountain’s Timberline Lodge, tonight at 7 and Sunday at 4 p.m.
- Throughout the month of July, you can reduce your Salt Lake Public Library fines by reading in the library. Check in with a librarian at any SLCPL branch and for every 10 minutes you read at the library your fines are reduced by $1.
- Coming up later in the month, KRCL is hosting the 3rd Annual Pie and Beer Day at Beer Bar on July 24 from 5-9.
Sustainable Startups, with co-founder and president Robert Bell
Guests and topics included on the show (begins at 25:23):
Music featured on the show:
- The Ramones -- Sheena is a Punk Rocker
Live music from The Dead Girls Club