Black Community Town Hall, Pioneer Justice Center, Legislative Updates, The League of Women Voters, Action Utah
The League of Women Voters of Utah’s Vickie Nelson.
- Feb. 20: Week 4 Legislative Lunch, 11:30 a.m. in the Seagull Room of the Senate Building at the Utah State Capitol Campus. They will be sharing what they have learned while observing Appropriations & Committee meetings, as well as determining actions the League can take to impact public policy.
Action Utah's Carrie Butler.
- Feb. 19: Lobby Days, 12:30 p.m. in the Seagull Room of the Senate Building at the Utah State Capitol Campus. Learn how to lobby legislators on current bills and participate in activities on Capitol Hill.
The Pioneer Justice Center's Monte Sleight and Stewert Gollan, on Dumb Enough To Try It: Government Limits on Free Speech." It's part of an training series that the Civil Rights attorney group hosts with the ACLU of Utah, called Know Your Rights.
- Know Your Rights trainings are every Third Thursday of the month at 6:00 pm at the Pioneer Justice Center, 75 E. 400 S. SLC, Ut
Excerpts from the State of the Black Community Town Hall, which we recorded earlier this month at the University of Utah.
- The panel included:
- Representative, Sandra Hollins, District 23
- Representative, Joel Briscoe , District 25
- Salt Lake County Mayor, Jenny Wilson
- Salt Lake City Mayor, Jackie Biskupski
- Salt Lake City Board of Directors, Nate Salazar
- Click below for the full conversation.
Got a story you'd like to share on the show? Record a voice memo on your smart phone, then email it to email@example.com. Keep it under 3 minutes and be sure to include a name and phone number in the body of the message.
RadioACTive is a production of Listeners' Community Radio of Utah. Tonight's team included:
- Exec. Producer/Host: Lara Jones
- Assoc. Producer/Host: Billy Palmer