Music Meets Activism with Wendy Fisher of Utah Open Lands, Utah's statewide land trust with more than 62,000 acres protected since 1990. Plus, UYES throws a funeral for the Great Salt Lake.
Tonight's show featured the following people, organizations and/or events. Check them out and get plugged into your community!
Maria Archibald, Natalie Roberts and Lorali Smith of Utah Youth Environmental Solutions, a youth-led organization that empowers young people in Utah to mobilize around climate and environmental issues through legislation, education and action.
- Sept. 3: Utah Youth Environmental Solutions Funeral for the Great Salt Lake, 11a-1p at The Great Saltair, 12408 W. Saltair Dr., Magna. Utah youth will gather on the Great Salt Lake’s dry lake bed to stage a funeral-style demonstration demanding immediate action to protect the Great Salt Lake. The event will begin with a procession onto the dry lakebed, where youth organizers will stage a “die-in,” give educational speeches and call attendees to action.
Music Meets Activism with Wendy Fisher of Utah Open Lands, Utah’s statewide land trust with more than 62,000 acres protected since 1990.
- Sept. 9-18: Portraits of Preservation Virtual Auction, a Utah Open Lands fundraiser. The auction goes live at 12:00 p.m. Sept. 9, and closes at 8:00 pm Sept. 18. Click here to learn more and register. Proceeds benefit Utah Open Lands’ general fund, enabling the nonprofit to preserve, protect and steward open spaces in the Beehive State.
Wendy's MMA Playlist:
- "A Hundred and Sixty Acres" by Marty Robbins
- "Wide Open Spaces" by Dixie Chicks
- "Big Yellow Taxi" by Joni Mitchell
- "My City was Gone" by The Pretenders
- "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong
Guests' views, thoughts, or opinions are their own and do not necessarily reflect those of the board, staff, or members of Listeners' Community Radio of Utah, KRCL 90.9fm. Tonight's RadioACTive team included: