Punk Rock Farmer Friday with live, homegrown music from Ugly Boys, Grateful Tomato Sandwich Party, The Mobile Moon Co-op, Festa Italiana, Beyond Coal Update
- Live, homegrown music from Ugly Boys. The band heads out later this month for a two-week tour through the Mid- and Southwest.
- Preview of Festa Italiana with Nick Fuoco of the Italian-American Civic League of Utah. The free event runs Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 15-16, at The Gateway.
- Lindsay Beebe of the Utah Chapter Sierra Club’s Beyond Coal Campaign and attorney Jeremy Fisher on today’s ruling out of Washington blocking the environmental group’s public records request to release PacifiCorp’s analysis of its aging coal fleet. Short answer: they didn’t get it. Listen to the show to find out more about next steps in the Beyond Coal Campaign.
- Urban Farm Report, featuring:
- Marybeth Janerich of Wasatch Community Gardens, which holds its annual Tomato Sandwich Party tomorrow from 11a-2p at the Grateful Tomato Garden, 600 E. 800 S., SLC. Part of Eat Local Week Utah, the free event serves up hundreds of sandwiches with fresh tomatoes and pesto from the garden.
- Erika Longino, Natalie Alsop-Edwards and Iza Schwartz of The Mobile Moon Co-op, which will be at SLC VegFesttomorrow at Library Square, 210 E. 400 S., SLC.
- At 5:00 p.m., head to The Plot, on the northside of the library, for the co-op’s class on herbalism. Discover the practice of "reading" local and medicinal plants, learning their properties, and how to process them into useful forms. See, smell, taste,
Got a story you'd like to share on the show? Record a voice memo on your smart phone, then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep it under 3 minutes and be sure to include a name and phone number in the body of the message.
RadioActive is a production of Listeners' Community Radio of Utah. Tonight's team included:
- Exec. Producer/Host: Lara Jones
- Assoc. Producer: Billy Palmer
- Community Co-Host: Aldine Strychnine, KRCL’s Punk Rock Farmer
- Audio Engineer: Sullivan Phetchanpheng of Lights & Sound Studio
- Volunteer: Sarah Thacker
- Audio Intern: Trevyn Porter