Live, homegrown music from Hi Fi Murder, SLC Permaculture Guild, Krishna Temple Food Forest and Harvest Festival, Jam Fest, Clothing Hoptional with Wasatch Brewery and Summit Land Conservancy, Art Haus Theater Day
- Live, homegrown music from Hi Fi Murder, a punk rock outfit from Ogden.
- Nov. 10: Ten Foot Pole, HiFi Murder, Riva Rebels, Version Two at Kamikazes Ogden
- Marmalade Jam Fest reminder with Jack Winward and last year’s champion Paul Barron. The FREE jam fest is Saturday from 10a-6p at The Garten, 417 N. 400 W., SLC.
- Hoppy Hour 2018 is just around the corner. RadioActive gets a preview, and a sample or two, from Nils Imboden, brewmaster at Wasatch Brewery, and Julia McCarrier-Edwards of Summit Land Conservancy.
- Barb Guy fills in the history of Salt Lake Film Societyand what’s on tap for a special event on Sunday.
- Sept. 23: Art Haus Theater Day, with 2-for-1 deals at Tower Theatre and Broadway Centre Cinemas in SLC—all day long. This will only be available for in-person sale at the box office. No exchanges or refunds. For event info and showtimes at both venues you can visit SLFS.org.
- Aldine’s Urban Farm Report, featuring:
- Dale Thurber, Delectation of Tomatoes, who is looking for volunteers to help in with his massive tomato seed harvest. If you’re interested, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll get to learn about seed saving from one of the best.
- Michael Kundick, SLC Permaculture Guild, on harvesting the food forest at the Krishna Food Forest & Garden, 965 E. 3370 S., Millcreek.
- Oct. 7: 2nd Annual Krishna Food Forest Harvest Festival. Co-Organized by Ecstatic Dance, SLC Permaculture Guild, Dubwise, & SLC Air Protectors. A Full Day of Healthy Living, Yoga, Dance, Live DJ, Live Music, Garden Tour, Vegan Lunch, and a Special Harvest Dinner Vegan & Vegetarian. Free childcare, all ages, arrive anytime. Seating is limited, so CLICK HERE to get your tickets now. All proceeds will benefit the new greenhouse and off grid solar installation.
Got a story you'd like to share on the show? Record a voice memo on your smart phone, then email it to email@example.com. Keep it under 3 minutes and be sure to include a name and phone number in the body of the message.
RadioActive is a production of Listeners' Community Radio of Utah. Tonight's team included:
- Exec. Producer/Host: Lara Jones
- Community Co-Host: Aldine Strychnine, KRCL’s Punk Rock Farmer
- Audio Engineer: Sullivan Phetchanpheng of Lights & Sound Studio
- Audio Intern: Trevyn Porter