The Gayest Bake Sale Ever, 20th Utah Book Festival, Special Legislative Session, 3rd Annual SNAP Challenge
Hosted by Lara Jones, Tommy Sutter and Billy Palmer, tonight's RadioActive included:
- Billy Palmer reporting live from The Gayest Bake Sale Ever, held tonight at City Creek Park. Proceeds benefit the Utah Pride Center's new “LGBTQ+ Youth Survivors of Suicide Support Group.”
- Michael McLane, Utah Humanities, with an overview of the dozens of events planned for the 20th anniversary Utah Book Festival. To download this year's guide, click here.
- Catherine Weller, co-president of the League of Women Voters of Utah, with a legislative preview of state lawmakers' interim committee meetings and special session at the Utah Capitol this week.
- A nonpartisan political organization that encourages informed and active participation in government, the League invites you to join them to observe and report on lawmakers' actions. Click here for a calendar of events.
- Panel discussion on the 3rd annual SNAP Challenge:
- Gina Cornia, Utahns Against Hunger, which issues the SNAP Challenge to give participants a glimpse into some of the struggles faced by millions of low-income Americans who are trying to put food on their tables. Click here for the SNAP Challenge tool kit.
- Rep. Angela Romero, who shared the difference between the time she relied on SNAP and taking the SNAP Challenge as a lawmaker.
- Julie Metos, executive director of the new University of Utah Center for Community Nutrition, who advocated for free school breakfast and lunch and other changes in food equity and nutrition policy.