SLC Mayor and Urban Forester with storm damage update. #UrbanFarmReport with SLC Farmers Market, Better Food Farm, The Ogden Farmacy, and Aldine #OnTheRoad. Fresh, homegrown music from Gorgeous Gourds.
SLC Mayor Erin Mendenhall and SLC Urban Forester Tony Gliot with a storm damage update. The Mayor said she's working on a plan to help remove fallen trees from private property. The following links from slcgov.com:
- Salt Lake City’s Urban Forestry Division is accepting reports of fallen city-owned trees. Click here to report.
- For frequently asked questions regarding wind damage, please visit https://www.slc.gov/wind-damage-faqs/
- Salt Lake County residents can participate in a survey to submit damage to their home or business from the recent wind event. Access the survey by clicking this link: https://arcg.is/0SuWXP
- Some City buildings are currently closed to the public. Please visit the City’s directory https://www.slc.gov/city-directory/ to locate information on departments and services.
Fresh, homegrown music from Gorgeous Gourds. Look for Gorgeous Gourds with Sarah Little Drum at The Garten at Mountain West Cider, 417 N. 400 W., SLC, from 7:00-10:00 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 12, 2020. Note: 21+, masks required. The music is free; cider is on you.
- Carly Gillespie of the Downtown SLC Farmers Market, which is CANCELLED this weekend due to storm damage at Pioneer Park. She said the city is working to clear downed and damaged trees in time for the Tuesday Harvest market. Click here to follow the market's Twitter feed for updates.
- Tyson Lloyd of Better Food Farm, an organic vegetable farm at the mouth of Weber Canyon. Click here to check out their online store and drop-off options. Want to get into farming? Better Food Farm is hiring for the 2021 growing season. Positions begin between May and June 2021 and end between late August/October
- Angela Choberka of The Ogden Farmacy, a Facebook group she started to collect fresh and local produce from growers in the Ogden area and deliver it to the Catholic Community Services Joyce Hanson Food Bank.
- Aldine #OnTheRoad with Randy Ramsley at Mesa Farm Market, a sustainable goat farm on 50 acres near Caineville, UT.
Views, thoughts or opinions shared by guests are their own and do not necessarily reflect those of the board, staff or members of Listeners' Community Radio of Utah, 90.9fm KRCL. Tonight's RadioACTive team included:
- Lara Jones, Executive Producer and Host
- Aldine Strychnine, KRCL's Punk Rock Farmer and Community Co-Host