Utah's Sustainable Communities in Action, Geneva Rock Expansion, Backcountry Hunters and Anglers, Women of the World
- Samira Harnish, founder and executive director of Women of the World, who is an official finalist for the Nansen Refugee Awardfrom the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
- Women of the World supports women refugees, asylum seekers, and immigrants that have fled their homes and resettled in Utah.
- The award ceremony will be held in Geneva, Switzerland, next month.
- Dr. Brian Moench, Utah Physicians for a Healthy Environment, on the health implications of Geneva Rock’s plan to expand its gravel pit mine at Point of the Mountain. Draper City holds a hearing on the plan tomorrow night. Click here to read UPHE’s recent commentary published in The Salt Lake Tribune.
- The Utah Chapter Sierra Club and the Utah Climate Action Network will host a free public forum on Climate Change this Thursday, 7:00 p.m. at the downtown Salt Lake City Public Library. RadioActive got a preview with:
- Stan Holmes, Utah Sierra Club board member.
- Jon Cox, Rocky Mountain Power vice president of government affairs.
- Piper Christian, part of a high school student group that successfully advocated for the Utah Legislature's first climate change resolution.
Got a story you'd like to share on the show? Record a voice memo on your smart phone, then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep it under 3 minutes and be sure to include a name and phone number in the body of the message.
RadioActive is a production of Listeners' Community Radio of Utah. Tonight's team included:
- Exec. Producer/Host: Lara Jones
- Assoc. Producer/Comm. Co-Host: Billy Palmer
- Volunteer: Shell LaughsALot Danis