Disability Awareness Month panel, Considering Matthew Shephard, Will You Listen to Me Now, Salt City Tap Fest
- Andrea Himoff of Action Utah with a 60-second voicemail for RadioActivists who want to take action on suicide prevention. CLICK HERE for this week’s action newsletter.
- Debbie Robertson and Brenda Bufalino on this year’s Salt City Tap Fest, 10/24-27, at Sugar Space Arts Warehouse. For the 5-day class schedule, CLICK HERE.
- October is Disability Awareness Month. More than 1 billion people have a disability — that’s more than 15% of the world’s population. RadioActive talks with folks creating opportunity for disabled members of our community, including:
- Kristy Chambers of Columbus Community Center, which is ready to build its Hub-of-Opportunity. Celebrating Dignity Through the Decades, Oct. 26, 6:00 p.m. at Utah State Fairpark - Promontory Building, 155 N. 1000 W., SLC.
- Psarah Johnson, advocate and member of Disabled Rights Action Committee Utah. DRAC monthly meeting: Oct. 24, 1:15-2:20 p.m. at Salt Lake County Housing Authority meeting room, 3595 S. Main Street, SLC.
- Utahn Lance Allred, first deaf player in NBA history, inspirational speaker and author
Got a story you'd like to share on the show? Record a voice memo on your smart phone, then email it to email@example.com. Keep it under 3 minutes and be sure to include a name and phone number in the body of the message.
RadioActive is a production of Listeners' Community Radio of Utah. Tonight's team included:
- Exec. Producer/Host: Lara Jones
- Assoc. Producer: Billy Palmer
- Community Co-Host: Ma Black
- Volunteer: Shell LaughsALot Danis