Three Tenors of Climate Change with Dr. Ben Santer, Bomba Marilé, Young Leaders of the Americas, Michael Meade, and the debut of Letters from Barb
- Action Utah with a voicememo for RadioActivists: Children’s Health Month. CLICK HERE for five simple actions you can take to improve the health and well-being of Utah children.
- Michael Meade, a renowned storyteller, author, and scholar of mythology, anthropology, and psychology, talked about the most important thing to seek during troubled times. Use the media player below to hear an extended interview with him.
- Oct. 12: Jung Society hosts Michael Meade, 7:00-8:30 p.m. at the downtown xx, 210 E. 400 S., SLC. In this FREE event, Meade will talk about a “soulful and mythological view of current affairs and a resounding collective call to find unity and wholeness in this time of conflict and confusion.”
- The Utah Council for Citizen Diplomacy is hosting several young entrepreneurs from Latin America and the Caribbean this month as part of the State Department’s Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative - YLAI. They are being paired with similar companies and non-profits to share information and build cultural bridges. Tonight’s panel included:
- Bibiana Dipeo (Paraguay)
- Jeanida Azor (Haiti)
- Pablo Vallejo Solis (Costa Rica)
- Coby Vail, program manager for Utah Council for Citizen Diplomacy
- Letters from Barb, a new occasional audio column from Barb Guy, host of Generic Radio from 1981-81 on KRCL. She also wrote a column for The Salt Lake Tribune from 2003-13, and now volunteers her time as a member of our Community Advisory Board. Missed the first Letter from Barb? Use the media player below to hear it:
- Bomba Marilé will host the first-ever Puerto Rican Bomba Y Bateythis weekend. KRCL got a preview, including music and dance, with:
- Miriam Padilla Vargas, drummer, co-director
- Rogelio Cardona Rivera, drummer
- Isaias Alavez Martinez, drummer
- Meilynne Garcia, dancer/singer
- Alli Arocho, singer/maracas
- Hugo Estupinan, singer
- Dr. Ben Santer, climatologist and one of the Three Tenors of Climate Change.
- Oct. 4: An evening with the Three Tenors of Climate Change, 7:00 p.m. at the Salt Palace Convention Center, 100 S. West Temple. CLICK HERE to reserve a seat to this FREE event. Dr. Ben Santer will join Milwaukee-based filmmaker Chip Duncan and global health expert Dr. Hernando Garzon from California’s Kaiser Permanente for an evening of discussion about receding glaciers, global climate modeling and the long-term health consequences facing a warming world. Moderated by KRCL’s Lara Jones.
Got a story you'd like to share on the show? Record a voice memo on your smart phone, then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep it under 3 minutes and be sure to include a name and phone number in the body of the message.
RadioActive is a production of Listeners' Community Radio of Utah. Tonight's team included:
- Exec. Producer/Host: Lara Jones
- Assoc. Producer: Billy Palmer
- Community Co-Host: Ma Black
- Volunteer: Mike Houck