Live, homegrown music from Marny Proudfit, Urban Farm Report with Pomona Produce and Earth Community Gardens, and SkyWatcher Leo T
- Live, homegrown music from Ogden’s Marny Proudfit. She’ll play a house concert in November. To score an invite to that gig, follow her on Facebook.
- Urban Farm Report, featuring:
- Molly Dockter of Pomona Produce, which grows specialty produce in a sustainable fashion — right on 700 East in SLC. Look for her at the Winter Market, which runs Saturdays from 10a-2p at the Rio Grande Depot beginning Nov. 10.
- Earth Community Garden’s David Wright on the New Hope Community Center project. Wright wants to turn a historic church into a full-time community center, including a business incubator, public kitchen and community garden.
- Sat.-Sun., Oct. 20-21: New Hope Community Center Open House, 1102 W. 400 N., SLC.
- National Geographic Vote Your Main Street Campaign: New Hope is a Top 25 finalist but needs your vote to receive a federal grant to rebuild New Hope. Text VOTE to 801-788-4171 for details, or CLICK HERE. Log-in EVERY day until October 31st and VOTE "Salt Lake City New Hope Community Center" at least 5X a day.
Got a story you'd like to share on the show? Record a voice memo on your smart phone, then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep it under 3 minutes and be sure to include a name and phone number in the body of the message.
RadioActive is a production of Listeners' Community Radio of Utah. Tonight's team included:
- Exec. Producer/Host: Lara Jones
- Assoc. Producer: Sarah Thacker
- Community Co-Host: Aldine Strychnine
- Audio Engineer: Sullivan Phetchanpheng of Lights & Sound