Faith and Poverty, Ascending Harvest, My Lai 50 Years Later, Utah Poets, UEN Blocks K-12 Access to 275 Million Articles
- Bill Tibbitts and Bill Germundson of Crossroads Urban Center and its Coalition of Religious Communities(CORC) project.
- Ending Child Homelessness Sabbath: Dozens of faith communities will be collecting diapers and offering prayers for homeless children during a worship service this month. For more information about your congregation can participate, or to learn more about CORC, contact Bill Tibbitts, 801-364-7765 ext. 107.
- Faith & Poverty Day at the Utah Capitol: On January 31, 2019, people from many different faith traditions will gather in the State Office Building behind the Utah Capitol at 10 a.m. to help draw attention to CORC's three-part plan for reducing child homelessness and other key poverty issues.
- Shane McKenna, founder, inventor and CTO of Ascending Harvest. He’s developed a three-step, Human Powered Hydroponics™ system to feed a hungry world. CLICK HERE to check out the IndieGogo campaign.
- John Steele, an Army veteran whose photography is featured in Art AccessGallery’s 6th Annual Veterans Art Exhibit.
- Poets Rob Carney and Jesse Parent stopped by to share some of their work. But we ran out of time for all they brought to share tonight. So use the media players below to hear bonus poems, including a 100% true mummy story:
- Peter Bromberg, executive director of the Salt Lake City Public Library, and Elaine Shelburne, a teacher-librarian at Bonneville High School, talked about the recent decision by the Utah Education and Telehealth Network (UETN) Board to pull the plug on a database used by more than 650,000 students across the state as a primary resource. Want to express your opinion on UETN’s decision, pro or con? Here are four ways to take action:
- Sign (and share) this petition, which will automatically email all UEN Board members: http://action.everylibrary.org/ebscoutah
- Offer public comment through this link: https://www.uen.org/contact_form.php
- Offer public comment at UEN’s next board meeting — Friday, Oct. 19, 9:00 a.m. at The Dolores Dore Eccles Broadcast Center, 101 Wasatch Drive, SLC.
- Directly email UEN Board members
Got a story you'd like to share on the show? Record a voice memo on your smart phone, then email it to email@example.com. Keep it under 3 minutes and be sure to include a name and phone number in the body of the message.
RadioActive is a production of Listeners' Community Radio of Utah. Tonight's team included:
- Exec. Producer/Host: Lara Jones
- Assoc. Producer: Natalie Benoy
- Community Co-Host: Tamara Stevenson
- Volunteer: Isabella Sabala