Another #EverydayPeople edition of the show, exploring Thanksgiving Day of Remembrance and other ways to build the Trans Community. International Survivors of Suicide Loss Day. Better Utah Institute Utah and Action Utah merger.
Better Utah Institute and Action Utah today announced they will be joining forces to form a single organization under the Better Utah Institute name, management, and mission. RadioACTive spoke with:
Taryn Hiatt of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention of Utah talked about the International Survivors of Suicide Loss Day. To be held Saturday, November 21, the annual event enables survivors of suicide loss to come together to find connection, understanding and hope through their shared experience.
Transgender Education Advocates - TEA of Utah to talk about Transgender Day of Remembrance with TEA of Utah Board Chair Becca Green and Board Member Dallas Rivas. Local TDOR events on Friday, Nov. 20:
- Stories of Trans Resilience, 1:00 p.m. online. Hosted by Provo Pride, LGBT Student Services at UVU: "LGBT Services at UVU, together with Spectrum, Genderbands and Provo Pride, invite you to join us in sharing stories of transgender resilience. We will be sharing good news, and stories of personal triumphs and successes that we can celebrate together with folks in our community. To be abundantly clear, we extend an invitation to anyone who is transgender, nonbinary, genderqueer, genderfluid, two-spirit, gender non-conforming, or questioning, to share your stories in this live-streamed event. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: If desired, you can simply watch the live stream. We will be able to interact with comments from live viewers. If you would like, you can share good news by commenting on the live stream. To join us on screen, please send an email to email@example.com. We'll walk you through the process of joining the stream. If you would like to share your story by sending it in in a typed or video-recorded format, we can also do that! Please reach out to the same email."
- Transgender Day of Remembrance, 6:00-7:00 p.m. online. Hosted by Harrison Spendlove, Rebecca Green and Dallas Rivas: "On November 20th we remember the lives of those taken from us this past year simply for living their truth. Join us for a live-streamed event as we read the names of our transgender siblings who have passed. This is a live stream event, so please join us from the comfort of your own homes as we broadcast live from the Salt Lake City and County Building in the flag memorial. The flag memorial will be on display Sunday, November 15, through Sunday, November 22. Presented by: TEA and Project Rainbow. Sponsored by: Utah LGBTQ+ Chamber of Commerce, Equality Utah, Utah Pride Center and HRC Utah."
Views, thoughts or opinions shared by guests are their own and do not necessarily reflect those of the board, staff or members of Listeners' Community Radio of Utah, 90.9fm KRCL. Tonight's RadioACTive team included:
- Community Co-Host: Sue Robbins, Everyday People
- Executive Producer, Host: Lara Jones
- Assoc. Producer: Billy Palmer