Capturing COVID-19 portraits and stories, #QuarantineCocktails with City Weekly, Hope Corps fills the void of summer internships, sneak peek at Rock Camp SLC Virtual Music Fest, UMOCA is Mapping It Out virtually, Privacy Protection Act, ERA fight still strong, advocating for animals
#Quarantine Cocktails with:
Tomorrow night, the Utah Museum of Contemporary Art will host its first-ever virtual art opening. UMOCA curator Jared Steffensen and Provo-based artist Jane Christensen talked about Mapping It Out, an exhibition of her paintings, photographs, and sculptures. Click here to see a free online virtual tour of the exhibit.
Erin Kleven of Rock Camp SLC, which will host a Virtual Music Festival this Friday and Saturday on Facebook Live. Donations are encouraged to support Rock Camp's programs.
Did COVID kill your summer internship? University of Utah David Eccles School of Business creates Hope Corps to fill the void and help local businesses. Guests:
- Ruchi Watson, Hope Corps director
- Rosario Rubiano, UoU senior and a Hope Corps student
Rallies & Resources—Extended Play, featuring:
- Connor Boyack of the Libertas Institute, which proposes that Utah lawmakers adopt its Privacy Protection Act
- Vickie Samuelson, co-president of the League of Women Voters of Utah, who says the fight for the ERA isn’t over. She invited Utahns to contact their senators over the Memorial Day break (since they’ll be in town) and ask them to vote yes on S.J. Res. 6, a joint resolution removing the deadline for the ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment
- Animal rights attorney Rachel Heatley, who earlier this year joined the Humane Society of Utah as its advocacy and investigations director. She’s working on several legislative issues related to animal welfare, including statewide pet vaccination and registration and the creation of a regulating body for animal shelters and rescue organizations.
Views, thoughts or opinions shared by guests are their own and do not necessarily reflect those of the board, staff or members of Listeners' Community Radio of Utah, 90.9fm KRCL. Tonight's RadioACTive team included:
- Exec. Producer/Host: Lara Jones
- Community Co-Host: Risshan Leak
- Assoc. Producer: Billy Palmer