Living Traditions, Rumba Libre, We Bike You, SLC Bike Collective, Comunidades Unidas
Tonight’s lineup included:
- Comunidades Unidas relaunches VoteFor2, a new comprehensive initiative for civic engagement in the immigrant community.
- Thursday, May 17: VoteFor2 launch, 8:00-10:00 a.m. at Comunidades Unidas, 1750 W. Research Way #102, West Valley City.
- Other cycling events to check out this month:
- Thursday, May 17: Bike to Work Day with SLC Mayor Jackie Biskupski. 7:15 a.m., meet at Wasatch Hollow Park (1631 E. 1700 S.); 8:00 a.m., ride to the Salt Lake City & County Building (451 S. State Street) begins.
- Sat-Sun., May 19-20: Celebrate Bike Month at Fisher Mansion Beer Garden, 12:00-7:00 p.m. at Albert Fisher Mansion and Carriage House, 1206 W. 200 S., SLC. Fisher Brewing Company and Salt Lake City invite you to enjoy a weekend of beer, bikes, music and good times at Historic Fisher Mansion. Entry is free and open to all ages. The Fisher Mansion is located along the Jordan River Parkway Trail, so ride your bikes. The Salt Lake City Bike Collective will be on hand to valet park all bikes. Bike Utah will be on hand to talk all things bike and give tours of the newly completed Jordan River Trail bridge located just north of the mansion. Seven Canyons Trust and Jordan River Commission will be available to discuss other ongoing projects, and issues, along the Jordan River.
- Sunday, May 20: Bike the Branches, 12:00 p.m. Learn about safe urban bike riding from the Bicycle Collective and take part in a group ride that will depart from the Main Library and stop at the Glendale, Day-Riverside, and Marmalade Branches. The bike ride will be approximately 15 miles long, with stops for refreshments at each Library location. Bike riders of all ages are welcome. Be sure to wear a helmet! Space is limited and registration is required for this program. To register and for more information, visit slcpl.org/bikethebranches
RadioActive is a production of Listeners' Community Radio of Utah. Tonight's team included:
- Host/Executive Producer: Lara Jones
- Community Co-Host: Ma Black