Dr. Dave finds the #RadicalMiddle between bikes and cars for Bike Month, Alice in Chains Tribute to raise awareness about opioid epidemic, and Brain Injury Alliance 5K celebrates 25 years
Haley Boman of the Bike SLC • Bicycle & Trails Program, SLC Transportation Division, which has several bike events this month.
- May 16: Mayor's Bike to Work Day, starting at the Northwest Recreation Center, 1255 W. Clark Ave., SLC. 7:15 a.m. - meet at the park for complimentary snacks and coffee, community booths, and greetings from Mayor Biskupski. 8:15 a.m. - ride begins, from the Northwest Rec. Center to the Salt Lake City and County Building, 451 S. State St.
- May 23: Bikes, Bites, N' Beverages, 4:00-6:00 p.m. Take a relaxing break on your bike home from work. Stop by event locations at the Gallivan Center and Heart of the Park at Research Park for food trucks and biking fun. Are those locations not on your way home? Check out the other sponsored pit stops. Click here for a list of other pitstops.
- May 30: Bike to School Day in SLC School District. Children and parents are encouraged to practice bike safety and ride to school.
Glenn Lanham and Renee Casati of the Brain Injury Alliance of Utah, the only non-profit organization dedicated exclusively to education and support for the issues of prevention and recovery of brain injury in the state of Utah.
Musician Morgan Snow and One Voice Recovery’s Patrick Rezac. The two are partnering on an event to raise awareness and money to help fight the opioid epidemic in our community.
- May 18: Triggers & Slips cover Alice in Chains, 7:00 p.m. at The State Room, 638 S. State St., SLC. Salt Lake City’s own Triggers & Slipspay homage to the music and songs of Alice In Chains while raising awareness and money to help fight the opioid epidemic in our community. Show starts at 8:00 p.m.
- A portion of the ticket sales will help support the local non-profit organization One Voice Recovery. Also, a representative from Utah Naloxone will be giving out information pamphlets, and free Naloxone (Narcan) kits at the show.
Dr. Dave convenes a panel discussion to find the #RadicalMiddle between bicyclists and motorists, featuring:
- Jon Larsen, SLC Director of Transportation. For the divisions list of Bike Month events, click here.
- Shawn Teigen, Salt Lake City Bicycle Collective board member and a member of the League of Reluctant Bicyclists.
- Dave Iltis, editor of Cycling Utah. Look for the free publication at shops along the Wasatch Front, and be sure to check out their online cycling calendar. For a listing of Bike Month events, click here.
- May 13-17, 2019 — Utah Bike Week and National Bike to Work Week, Utah Bike Month, Salt Lake City, UT, Week-long festival with bike races, Bike to Work Day, and more. Dave Iltis, 801-328-2066, firstname.lastname@example.org,cyclingutah.com/event-calendars/bicycling-events-swaps-and-festivals/
Got a story you'd like to share on the show? Record a voice memo on your smart phone, then email it to email@example.com. Keep it under 3 minutes and be sure to include a name and phone number in the message.
RadioACTive is a production of Listeners' Community Radio of Utah. Tonight's team included:
- Exec. Producer/Host: Lara Jones
- Assoc. Producer: Billy Palmer
- Community Co-Host: Dr. David Derezotes
- Volunteer: Tommy Sutter