The YWCA on Family Separation, The Road Home Responds, Tenants Unite for Renters Rights
- Erin Jemison of the YWCA Utah joined us fresh off of an urgent strategizing call with YWCA-US to talk about what people can do to help with family Incarceration and separation at the US Border.
- Erin noted two bills to call your representatives about to ask them to vote against and suggested that you urge for compassionate Immigration Reform.
- Chase Thomas from
HB 11 State Boards and Commissions Amendments - Utah Legislature
- The Road Home, Executive Director, Matt Minkevitch on their response to a recent audit that raised public concern
- Brookes Bergmann from the newly formed group, the Wasatch Tenants United, talked about their mission to secure safe and accessible housing for all people in the state of Utah.
- Wasatch Tenants United will be hosting its first public meeting next Saturday, June 30th. We wish to bring together tenants from a variety of backgrounds to introduce WTU, hear from the community, and discuss future actions.
RadioActive is a production of Listeners' Community Radio of Utah. Tonight's team included:
- Executive Producer: Lara Jones
- Associate Producer: Billy Palmer
- Volunteer Community Co-Host: Kristen Neilson