#ProjectBlackGirl on race and identity, BLM-Utah LGBTQ+ Committee, #noswagmans and his mobile protest-meets-block party, Dance Jams free online via SLCC, The 2020 American Revolution author who wants to pay citizens to vote, SL Co. Clerk Sherrie Swensen's primary election reminder, #QuarantineCocktails with City Weekly and Caputo's Market.
Federal holiday or paid to vote? Maybe both? RadioACTive spoke with two champions of change when it comes to increasing voter turnout:
#QuarantineCocktails with Salt Lake City Weekly Publisher John Saltas and Caputo's Market Founder Tony Caputo. To enter the
- #slcdrawingforBLACKLIVES is an opportunity drawing in support of the Black Lives Matter movement. Caputo’s is supporting the cause by donating seats in their Summer School classes on cheese, craft chocolate and wine. Click here for details.
Spotlight on grassroots activists, featuring:
- Essie Shaw and Dirk Thomas, co-chairs of the LGBT Committee - Black Lives Matter Utah.
- Manson Kafi, who helps organize mobile protest block parties. Want to join him? Be at Washington Square, 451 S. State St., SLC, at 5 p.m. Saturday, June 20, 2020.
- Whitney Harris, Performing Arts Faculty and Director of the Salt Lake Community College Dance Program. Click here to sign up for Dance Jam, her FREE online dance class slated for June 27. Click here for other free community workshops via SLCC this summer.
Project Black Girl is a new photography project that is turning into a movement in support of Black women and girls and their experiences with race and identity in Utah. While the projectblackgirl.com website will go live in about two weeks, click here to see some of the photos now. Panelists included:
- Stephanie Nguyễn Lake, creator of Project Black Girl
- Anapesi Kaili-Brown, photographer, Ana Brown Photo + Film
- Shelby Noelle Gist
- Kami Theresa Loertscher
- Bri Ray, who also shared her songs “Confidence” and “Woman”
Views, thoughts or opinions shared by guests are their own and do not necessarily reflect those of the board, staff or members of Listeners' Community Radio of Utah, 90.9fm KRCL. Tonight's RadioACTive team included:
- Exec. Producer/Host: Lara Jones
- Community Co-Host: Amy Dominguez
- Assoc. Producer: Billy Palmer