EverydayPeople with Community Co-Host Sue Robbins, who talks about mental health stigma in the LGBTQ+ community. Talia Keys on breaking through writer's block with Hold On, a new song she debuted over the weekend in an impromptu Facebook performance out on the Salt Flats. Public input needed for next 10 years of Jordan River Commission.
Tonight on the show:
Rallies & Resources:
- A Pennsylvania rally with dueling protesters turns ugly as one side starts disturbing chant, "Kill Transgenders." To read the story, click here.
- Aug. 1-2: Ogden Pride Virtual Festival. Hosted by Ogden Pride Inc. and Youth OUTreach a program of Ogden Pride: "Think of it as taking the awesome Ogden Pride Festival and combining it with the power of the internet! We are presenting it like a conference with a potential global audience. Except this Festival doesn’t have the long line at the bathroom, you can wear your pjs if that’s your prerogative, and celebrate PRIDE with us with the AC on full blast!"
- Soren Simonsen of the Jordan River Commission, which wants public input to shape the next decade of the commission's work. Click here to take the Blue Print Jordan River 2020 Update Survey.
Talia Keys shared her story of breaking through writer's block with Hold On, a new song she debuted over the weekend in an impromptu Facebook performance out on the Salt Flats.
Community Co-Host Sue Robbins took her Everyday People approach to mental health stigma in the LGBTQ+ Community with Highland Ridge Hospital's Jarad Ringer, director of clinical services, and Dustin Nye, director of business development.
If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health or substance use crisis, there is help in the community. The following is a list of some of the many resources available to those in crisis:
- Highland Ridge Hospital 24/7 crisis number: 801-569-2153
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Jason Foundation Crisis Text Line: 742742
- NAMI Utah Mentor Help Line: 801-323-9900
- Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- The Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386
- Trans Lifeline: 1-877-565-8860
- Crisis Text Line: 741741
- University Psychiatric Institute, aka "UNI": 801-587-3000
- Utah Warm Line: 801-587-1055
- SafeUT App: Download from Google Play or iTunes
Views, thoughts or opinions shared by guests are their own and do not necessarily reflect those of the board, staff or members of Listeners' Community Radio of Utah, 90.9fm KRCL. Tonight's RadioACTive team included:
- Exec. Producer/Host: Lara Jones
- Community Co-Host: Sue Robbins, Everyday People