Quiet Heroes with Dr. Kristen Ries, Maggie Snyder and Peter Christie, plus Women's Retreat House in Ogden
- Seth Poorte and John Robbins on the Women’s Retreat House in Ogden.
- July 27-28: Women's Retreat House fundraiser and workshop. Friday night is the fundraiser, while Saturday is the workshop is for alcoholics, addicts, and family members affected by alcoholism and addiction, and people of all 12-step programs who are seeking to grow in recovery and work the 12-steps using the Big Book Awakening Workbook. Click here for ticket and event information.
- From Quiet Heroes, a documentary about one doctor’s fight against stigma, shame, and ignorance through the height of the HIV/AIDS crisis in the heartland of America’s west:
- Dr. Kristen Ries and Maggie Snyder, PA-C
- Peter Christie, Ballet West
- July 20: Quiet Heroes opens the 15th annual Damn These Heels LGBTQ Film Festival in SLC. Post-film Q&A with Dr. Kristen Ries, Maggie Snyder, Peter Christie, Kim Smith, and Beverly Stoddard, moderated by Stan Penfold (Executive Director of the Utah AIDS Foundation and former Salt Lake City Councilperson).
Presented by the Utah Film Center, Damn These Heels is a festival for all, that celebrates our community’s diversity by sharing LGBTQ history, culture, ideas, struggles, and triumphs through film.
RadioActive is a production of Listeners' Community Radio of Utah. Tonight's team included:
- Host/Executive Producer: Lara Jones
- Community Co-Host: Nick Burns
- Volunteer: Natalie Benoy
- Intern: Isabella Sabala
Got a story you'd like to share on the show? Record a voice memo on your smart phone, then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep it under 3 minutes and be sure to include a name and phone number in the body of the message.