PacifiCorp's Coal Fleet Status, Renewables Rising, Inland Port Special Session, Alton Coal and Bryce Canyon, Celestial Sightings with SkyWatcher Leo T
- Dave Nimkin of the National Parks Conservation Associationsounded the alarm about renewed efforts under the Trump Administration to allow for the expansion of the Alton Coal Mine near Bryce Canyon National Park. Click here to learn more.
- From the BLM Utah: "The BLM is not issuing any decisions by releasing the Final EIS for this project [Alton Coal]. A decision will follow in no less than 30 days from the Environmental Protection Agency’s notice of availability, which is scheduled to occur on July 20, 2018. The Final EIS is available online at https://go.usa.gov/xNmE2 or at the Kanab Field Office, 669 South Highway 89A, Kanab, Utah 84741."
- SkyWatcher Leo T was back with his one-sky principle, including news of the latest meteor showers and celestial sightings.
- Panel on PacifiCorp and the future of its coal fleet, renewable energy, and the cost of it all to the public:
RadioActive is a production of Listeners' Community Radio of Utah. Tonight's team included:
- Host/Executive Producer: Lara Jones
- Community Co-Host/Associate Producer: Billy Palmer
- Volunteer: Tommy Sutter