Ozone Is As Bad As We Thought, Know Your Rights Training for Animal Rights Activists, Damn These Heels for Teens, ACLU of Utah Sues State Over Right to Counsel for People With Disabilities
Hosted by Lara Jones and Nick Burns, tonight's RadioActive featured:
- Dr. Brian Moench, Utah Physicians for a Healthy Environment, on the serious implications of recent studies that show levels of pollutants, such as fine particulate matter (PM2.5) and ozone that are well below the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) standards, are strongly associated with increased rates of mortality and stillbirths.
- Amy Meyer, Director of Utah Animal Rights Coalition, on overturning Utah's Ag Gag Law. Plus, details on a Know Your Rights Training with the Pioneer Justice Center Thursday, July 13, 6:30 p.m. at the Salt Lake City Public Library Marmalade Branch, 280 W. 500 N., SLC.
- Patrick Hubley, Utah Film Center, on a new teen track for this weekend's Damn These Heels Film Fest. The festival partnered with Utah Pride Center’s Youth Activity Center, Encircle, and UMOCA’s Out Loud Workshop to engage a group of youth advisors to help serve as a sounding board for films that resonate with 14–20 year olds. Click here for info on the festival's Youth Pass, which is only $10.
- The ACLU of Utah has filed suit over the right to counsel for people with disabilities. Aaron Kinikini of the Disability Law Centerand the ACLU's Anna Thomas explain.
- Click here to read the request for preliminary injunction halting the enforcement of H.B. 101
- Do you have a story about your guardianship court battle? Do you have a disability and feel strongly about preserving the rights of people in your community to make decisions for themselves? The ACLU of Utah would like to hear from you. Click here to share your story with the ACLU of Utah.
- Click here for more about the ACLU v. Trump, a lawsuit filed Monday over the lack of transparency by President Trump’s election commission.