Helping Homeless Teens with Savannah, Rock Camp for Womyn, The Giving State Report, Posada Navideña, SLC Air Protectors
Hosted by Lara Jones and Ma Black, tonight's show featured:
- Helping Homeless Teens With Savannah, Thursday, Dec. 14, from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Maverik Center, 3200 Decker Lake Dr., WVC.
- According to the Outreach Resource Center in Salt Lake City, more than 50% of the homeless youth they serve are LGBTQ.
- Savannah—in conjunction with the Born This Way Foundation, Peace First, and Channel Kindness—is holding a service event at the Lady Gaga concert. Click here for a list of needed items and drop-off locations.
- Donations will benefit Youth Futures and QueerMeals.
- Amy Stock of Rock N' Roll Camp For Girls – SLC announced Rock Camp for Womyn, Feb. 2-4, 2018. Applications are now being accepted. Click here for details.
- Later tonight, charity begins at home, in the most giving state. RadioActive brings you The Giving State Report: A Report on Utah’s Philanthropic Landscape with Sariah Toronto of Claritas. How to tell if that cause you support is delivering results. And ways to start up your own with true change in mind.
- Tracy Aviary’s Narnia Brockman talked about the aviary’s first Posada Navideña with the birds and Artes de México en Utah. Check it out Dec. 16 at Tracy Aviary, where you may also help with the Christmas Bird Count.
- SLC Air Protectors’ Michael Cundick and Darin Mann shared their plans for the next legislative session. Plus, check out the nonprofit’s Winter Solstice Celebration, Sunday, Dec. 17, at the Krishna Temple in SLC.