True Tales from the agrihood with Aldine, KRCL's Punk Rock Farmer. Tune in for Al's #UrbanFarmReport, featuring Eat Local Week Utah and Downtown SLC Farmers Market, which is half-way through its season already?! Plus, homegrown music from George Charles Nelson III, poetry from Rob Carney and SkyWatcher Leo T's latest report.
Homegrown music from George Charles Nelson III. Want to download his music? Click here.
Poetry from Utah's own Rob Carney, whose latest Facts and Figures and The Last Tiger is Somewhere are available from Hoot ‘n’ Waddle and Unsolicited Press.
SkyWatcher Leo T with another celestial report.
Aldine's #UrbanFarmReport, featuring:
- Alison Einerson of the Downtown SLC Farmers Market, which has passed the half-way point for the season already. Located at Pioneer Park, 350 S. 300 W., SLC, the Saturday market runs from 8a-1p with a smaller market Tuesday evenings from 4 p.m. to dusk.
- Carly Gillespie of Eat Local Week, which runs its Eat Local Challenge Sept. 12-19 this year. Follow them on Facebook for the latest updates and links to resources to help you eat local!
- Paige Collette of Cache Canning Co., which offers pickles, preserves & ferments made by hand in Salt Lake City. Look for her on the northwest side of Pioneer Park at tomorrow's SLC Farmers Market. She also offers canning classes!
Views, thoughts or opinions shared by guests are their own and do not necessarily reflect those of the board, staff or members of Listeners' Community Radio of Utah, 90.9fm KRCL. Tonight's RadioACTive team included:
- Executive Producer/Host: Lara Jones
- Community Co-Hosts: Aldine Strychnine, KRCL's Punk Rock Farmer
- Associate Producer: Billy Palmer