#Quarantine Cocktails with City Weekly and Piper Down, The People's Energy Movement, #PoetryStillHappens with Michelda George
On tonight's Changing the Narrative:
#QuarantineCocktails Ep18, featuring:
- John Saltas of City Weekly, Utah's independent newspaper for 35 years and counting.
- Dave Morris of Piper Down, and HandleBar SLC in Salt Lake City, The Ice Haüs in Murray, Harp and Hound and Funk 'n Dive Bar in Ogden. Morris is also the president of the Utah Hospitality Association and shared news of the organizations press release of a new partnership combining the efforts of the Salt Lake Area Restaurant Association gain a larger influence with laws and ordinances. Morris toasted his wife with a "My Favorite Red Head":
- Start with a highball glass.
- A generous amount of whiskey. "let the spirit guide you"
- top it almost all the way off with ginger beer
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
- Add 1 maraschino cherry
- Ice cubes
From the People's Energy Movement, Esther Merono Baro and Olivia Juarez gave a review of the Earth Day 2020 Online Events the group partnered with alongside Fridays For Future Utah and talked about a reimagining campaign coming soon.
Michelda George sat down to a Zoom interview with Changing the Narrative's Franque Bains:
- Michelda George is a south Floridian with Haitian roots who’s poetry inspires other to live to their fullest and works hard to build community through teaching financial literacy. You can follow her work on various social media platforms:
How YOU doin’? We’d love to share your experience and concerns:
- Voicemail: Call (385) 800-1899 and tell us your story.
- Voicememo: Use the built-in audio recorder or download a mobile app to record a short message about your coping strategies, questions you’d like an expert to answer, or anything else you’d like to share. BE SURE to check your general and all settings and use the highest quality audio setting. Then, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Views, thoughts or opinions shared by guests are their own and do not necessarily reflect those of the board, staff or members of Listeners' Community Radio of Utah, 90.9fm KRCL.
Tonight's RadioACTive team included:
- Assoc. Producer/Host: Billy Palmer
- Community Co-Host: Franque Bains
- Exec. Producer: Lara Jones