From China With Love: A Perspective of 'Reopening" amid Covid 19 with Utah native Terry Hurst, "Looking Up" author Michele L. Sullivan, #QuarantineCocktails with City Weekly and Red Iguana Restaurant
#QuarantineCocktails Ep17, featuring:
- John Saltas of City Weekly, Utah's independent newspaper for 35 years and counting.
- Bill Coker of Red Iguana Restaurants shared their experience of closing and reopening curbside pick up and the overwhelming community support they have received. Coker offered up a toast with a glass of a Mescal called Bozal.
Michele L. Sulivan, Author of Looking Up: How a Different Perspective Turns Obstacles Into Advantages joined us to talk about her motivational new book and her efforts to influence people to embrace life from the opportunities that a different and even challenging perspective can provide.
- Sullivan was born with a rare form of dwarfism and rose to the ranks to become the first female president of Caterpillar Foundation. She is also co-creator of Together.Stronger, an organization that aims to unite businesses, nonprofits, government, and citizens to combine their strengths to alleviate poverty for millions of people worldwide.
Terry Hurst, a Utah native, activist, organizer and co-founder of Mestizo Institute for Culture and Arts as well as Mestizo Coffee House, shares his perspective of running a business in China during shut downs and the transition back to reopening.
How YOU doin’? We’d love to share your experience and concerns:
- Voicemail: Call (385) 800-1899 and tell us your story.
- Voicememo: Use the built-in audio recorder or download a mobile app to record a short message about your coping strategies, questions you’d like an expert to answer, or anything else you’d like to share. BE SURE to check your general and all settings and use the highest quality audio setting. Then, email it to email@example.com.
Tonight's RadioACTive team included:
- Assoc. Producer/Host: Billy Palmer
- Community Co-Host: Nick Burns
- Exec. Producer: Lara Jones
- Volunteer: Natalie Benoy