KRCL Town Hall Series on 2018 Ballot Initiatives
In collaboration with The City Library-Marmalade Branch, KRCL is proud to present Ballots Talk, a town hall series to educate and inform voters about the potential ballot initiatives they will face at the polls in November.
Each town hall will start at 7:00 p.m. and include a panel discussion with subject matter experts, followed by a Q&A.
- Thursday, March 15: Utah Medical Cannabis, to establish a medical cannabis program.
- Tuesday, April 3: Independent Redistricting Commission, to modify the current system of redistricting by establishing an independent redistricting commission and prescribing redistricting standards and requirements.
- Monday, May 14: Income and Sales Tax Increase for Public Education, to increase the state income tax and invest the increase in educational performance improvement.
- Monday, June 11: Direct Primary Elections vs. Party Nominations Initiatives, dueling ballot initiatives on the way voters elect their representatives.
- Monday, July 9: Medicaid Expansion, to secure Medicaid and CHIP coverage for tens of thousands of Utahns.
Questions, comments, suggestions? Send an email to email@example.com.