KRCL is currently looking for an Underwriting Specialist.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS.
KRCL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See the full requirements below:
JOB TITLE: UNDERWRITING SPECIALIST
DATE REVIEWED: 12/30/16
STATUS: FULL TIME
POSITION PURPOSE -
The Underwriting Specialist is responsible for the sale of broadcast sponsorship messages, digital media and events. This is an outside sales position, managing an active account list and developing new business through cold-calling and following a consultative sales approach.
- BRAND PERSONA – Consistently demonstrates brand persona of a professional, creative problem solver, flexible, competent, excellent communicator when interacting with employees, volunteers and the public. Must be able to provide outstanding customer service at all times, operate in a highly competitive and commercialized media sales environment and do so within the boundaries of and with the sensitivity to a not-for-profit, non commercial media outlet.
- MANAGEMENT OF EXISTING ACCOUNTS
- Manages the renewal of existing contracts including in kind trade.
- Maintains solid relationships with existing clients (through quality service, ongoing conversations, thank notes, birthday greetings, etc).
- Meets or exceeds all sales goals for all existing business.
- Identifies and cultivates and closes new opportunities for sponsorships including on air and online, events and new media.
- Meets with a minimum of five potential clients each week (not currently working with the station.
- Meets or exceeds all sales goals for new business.
- COPYWRITING AND ORDER PREPARATION
- Works with clients and on air staff to research, write and produce FCC compliant copy in a timely manner.
- Prepares error free schedules for traffic in a timely manner.
- Responsible for collecting all sales related revenue in a timely manner agreed upon upfront with client and management.
- Planning - sets out specific tasks for accomplishment or completion and approaches those tasks with intention.
- Prioritizing – accomplishes the most important tasks first.
- Time Management – accomplishes as much as possible during the workday.
- Detail Oriented –focused on the small things that fulfill every aspect of a task.
- VALUES/EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT – Represents the station professionally at all times. Lives KRCL Values and strives to achieve the KRCL Mission.
- Three or more years of media sales experience; broadcast experience is highly preferred.
- Four year college degree in a related business field is preferred.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills including polished and persuasive presentation techniques.
- Self-starter with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to secure new business and build lasting relationships.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- High sense of accountability and the internal drive to meet and exceed goals.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver consistent quality and work under deadlines.
- Helpful and flexible, willing to roll up sleeves and do what needs to be done on short notice.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with a team orientation and ability to work both independently and collaboratively to achieve organizational goals.
- Demonstrates creativity, ability to take direction and ability to handle non-routine situations.
- Familiarity with Salt Lake – Ogden – Provo businesses highly desirable.
- Knowledge of relevant FCC rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of media sales terms and practices.
- Working knowledge of Nielsen Radio data analysis.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office programs, Salesforce and Marketron.
- A solid appreciation of community radio mission and best practices.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the following have been identified as physical requirements of the job:
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods and walk distances; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The duties listed above are intended only as an illustration of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
KRCL reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description pertains to an “at will” position with KRCL and in no way constitutes a written or implied contract of employment.